Thursday, February 14, 2008

first entries

Hello everyone. Welcome to my new blog.

If most of u dun know, the reason why I’m starting this blog is because I have started my uni life in Australia, Curtin University, Perth.

So this blog is akin to my telephoning back to let pple know how I’m.

So lets get it started… shall we

9th Feb
The day that I set off from Sg taking Tiger Airline at the budget terminal. First time there, got to say it was an experience seeing the budget terminal for the first time, feel really … budget… hahaha… but after arriving at Perth INTERNATIONAL airport… our budget terminal can fight with their international… haha… The turnout for my departure was quite surprising, nearly my whole family(included relatives) with the exception of one cousin(who is probably not getting anything from me when I come back) haha… kidding… Pei lin and the gang was there to sent me off too, although I said it was alright not to come… thanks anyway for coming… had a mini modeling session before I went off, haha… I think my cousin most likely wanted to see my before and after photos when I come back from Australia, whether I would become like my sister(musing).

This is not to criticize Perth international airport, but their business is more concerned with domestic flights then international. So therefore their domestic is more busy and well staffed then international.

10th Feb
Arrived in Perth on time at 10pm. There is a time difference of 1 hour from here to Sg(here is faster). Got thru custom fast but was held up by the car company. No one was at the counter and it toke the staff ard 45mins to 1 hour to appear. After that the computer screw up with our reservation and we were further held up. Finally all the procedure was done with us putting a further deposit of $300 to be collected back on Monday when all the staff were back to work. We rented a Kia Getz, which is a manual vehicle, and my dad forgot how to drive a manual… haha… he said he was used to driving an auto, so we were further stuck up for another 15 mins while he tried to figure out how to start the car, reverse and change gear… getting grumpy by the min…

By the time we set off, it was ard midnight. The road in Australia is not like in sg where every few meter there is a light. There are some places where there is no lights for the whole road, and the darkness of the light was extreme man, it was totally pitch black if not for the car lights I think we couldn’t even see our hands if we put in in front of us!!! Had a hard time navigating as we were unused to the road and the map which my sister provided was total crap,so we drove ard lost looking for the few drunks that were abt to ask for directions(who said guys cant ask for directions) to our housing ( we were staying with my relative friend daughter). Finally arrived at ard 2 am, kinda paiseh coz Australians tend to slp early and they were waiting for us till we arrived at 2am.

Road signs in Australia are funny, they are located parallel to the road u are traveling.

The rest of the Sunday was spend driving ard touring the city, needless to say we got lost again… Australia have roads that are only one way, kinda confusing if u want to turn into that street… managed to find Chinatown and ate there but the food was really crap, Sg is still the best…

11th Feb
The official start of my orientation… compulsory for all international student to attend that’s why I’m here even when my class officially start on the 25th Feb and what did we do??? Listen to a bunch of crap that I already know and take my photo for my uni card. What a total waste of time. The international student for commerce is dominated by China student and I mean DOMINATED, i estimated abt 80% of the international student are from china… sian, probably have to brush up my Chinese again. After that I moved my things into my dorm which is abt 10 mins walk to the campus. Its 6 to a flat and the rooms is abt half my living room area at home with the height a little more towards the door(for family to imagine), and probably abt ¾ Wilson room in length and half the width( for my majong kaki). Met abt 4 of my roomies and …. They are all muslim not like Malaysia, Indonesia think Middle East type… yes Alvin… start ur jokes… haven’t met the last one coz I haven’t stayed there yet (still living with my relative friends). Spent the rest of the day driving ard.

12th Feb
Nth much happen today, skip most of the orientation program coz they were a bunch of crap. Shopped ard for necessity for my staying here and its not cheap, each meal cost ard 6 dollars and that’s not including drinks. Had dinner with my dad friend at swan lake not a bad place for sight seeing for abt 10 mins, after that u will be bored.

13th Feb
Attend one orientation session and skip the rest, went to find a decent shopping center. And found one, abt 30 mins from curtin. My dad is going back today so tonight will be my official first night here.

14th Feb
Staying in my room like usual to avoid all the love birds in the air… haha… feels like old time.

Now I’m done with the daily events. Lets get to the more important things here… the GIRLS!!! Haha

Lets jus say they really are bigger here!!! Haha… whats more, now is summer with temp hitting the high 30c…. woohhooooo…. Its HOT!!! Hahaha… those who know my resolution to TRY to get a jap or Korean GF should know its dead, survey done in orientation show no Jap or Korean student… haiz… have to say the girls here are more striking in terms of looks compared to sg girls, they dun depend much on make up, have fuller figure and mostly smoke a lot… haven’t adjust to the timing here, sunrise starts at 6.30am and sunsets at…. 8pm… hell a lot of difference from sg. Like I said earlier, temp is hitting 30 but humility is low so its hot but u dun sweat a lot so must drink lots of water, already have a tan from the few day I was here.

Oh yah, u guys probably wun find me much on MSN coz my dorm has no internet connection, I have to travel to the campus to use the wireless or the lab, that’s why my blog update will probably be boring weekly updates, unlike the usual blogging when u write when u feel like it. I dun know what to write at this moment, but if I miss anything or u guys wanna know anything jus tell me what u wanna know and I will write abt it.

3 comments:

Mrs Ergül said...

Worry not about writing a boring blog. If you want us to feel like you wrote what you were feeling there and then, just type it somewhere like MS Words an post when you get to lor haha

take care mate!

Nicholas said...

wah hey! so fast get acquainted with the girls le ah haha. good luck with the ah tiongs man...

have u tried any singaporean fried noodle yet? lol i think we should introduce that to singapore

Anonymous said...

Oh my girlfriend, you sound really sad there... post pixies, i wanna see!!!!